After attending my first GNSI workshop on maquette making, I wanted to try applying what I learned to a current project. I created two Mustela erminea (stoat) models, one I made larger and kept in a skeletal form, while the other smaller one I covered in clay. It resulted in a fantastic visual aid to gain a better perspective on the skeletal structure in different angles of view. along side the clay fleshed version.
Models were created using wire, foil, hot glue, and sculpey clay. I then used the models to visualize the anatomical form of the subject in different positions to create my sketches. The final rendering of the project can be viewed in my portfolio section (Click Here).